Hey readers!! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted!!! Here's just a quick update on how we are all doing. =)
Daddy- Dad is doing VERY well! He has nearly completely recovered from his last surgery and he has gone back to work! He got a job as the Assistant Manager in the Automotive Department at one of the Sears locations in the Springs. He misses not seeing us as often, but he is more than happy to be back at work after nearly three years at home. He is still the world's best Daddy!
Samantha- Samantha is working on completing the second semester of her sphmore in high school. She recently joined the cheer team and is participating in this years Double Spring Musical productions. She loves to sing and watch chick flicks aand horror movies, and HATES homework. I love her and I'm so greatful to have her as one of my best friends!
Derik- Derik is in the 6th grade this year. I can't believe my baby brother is in Junior High! He recently scored the highest in his grade on the reading portion of the states MAP testing. He is proud to say that he has a ninth grade reading level! He loves to read anything by Rick Riordan and he watches a lot of documentaries on the greek and roman empires.
Maren- I can't believe Maren turned nine this year! She loves her second grade class, and has many friends. She enjoys reading and watching Horseland on netflix. She has developed a bit of an attitude lately that I sincerly hope she grows out of SOON, but I love her to peices and she is my cuddle bug!
I am enrolled at Pueblo Community College and there I am working on completing my junior year in high school and my freshman year in college. I finished last semester with a 4.0 which I hope will help me get a scholarship so I can continue my education after next year. I have declared my major in Diagnostic Medical Sonography with specialties in nerological, neurological neonatal, and obstetric sonography. I am working with the yearbook again this year, as well as performing in both of the Broadway Review shows that we are putting on at school. I was excited to land a solo in our Mary Poppins show and to be singing as half of the duet "Anything You Can Do." I'm really nervous though because it hits a really really high note, and I'm not sure if I can reach it....I guess we'll see. lol








Mom- Momma is getting along pretty well. She is still working in a Team Leader position at Convergys, the DirectTV call center here in Pueblo. She is serveing as the provident living leader at church and introducing the ward to the Super Food Storage planning computer program that she and Daddy created. She is happier and healthier than I have ever seen her and she is still THE greatest mother on the PLANET!!! (I'm a liittle biast. . . ) I'm looking foward to spending the whole day together Wednesday, just the two of us. We are going shopping for some new clothes and fabric to make dresses for the Trek, coming up in July.

We all had a great Christmas break, spending time with family, witnessing the blessing of my newest cousin Ruth (sorry :(I don't have any pictures), spending a weekend in Denver with my Uncle Rob, Aunt Becca, and their three boys Tj, Matthew and Daniel.
And since we are catching up, I'll tell you that the last few months have been INCREDIBLE for me in the field of missionary service. I have been blessed to see to have my friends from school baptized in the last few months and to ba able to attent at speak at their baptisms. My 10th grade biology teacher is also investigating the church. He attended church for the first time this past Sunday and is starting the disscussions tomorrow! Our seminary teacher, when speaking with him at church was talking about teaching all of the youth and how Mr. Biggers (my bio teacher) has so many LDS kids in his class. My seminary teacher made the remark the we are "good kids" and Mr. Biggers replied "That's why I'm here." That really made my day! I am so blessed to ba able to have so many missionary opportunities and to be surrounded by youth that, like me, pray and work to be able to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
The beginning of 2011 has been rough, with two broken cars, and a backed up plumbing system in the last 4 days, but we are making it through! I'm blessed to have family and friends who are always there for me and who love me unconditionally. 

1 comment:
Cute Pics! It was fun to come out and see you guys. Hopefully you guys can make it out here sometime. Maybe for Rob's graduation!
Post a Comment