Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You've Gotta Learn to Dance in the Rain!

O.K. So I owe you all a very long and detailed update on this past week. So...Here goes.
I would like to open on this note that will sort of be the theme of this post. "Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." I have no idea who said it, but it's true, and it's something that I've been working on this past week.
As some of you know, my dad went into the hospital not this past Sunday night, but the one before. He was on some medication for Bell's Palsey, and so when his stomach started getting sick we asumed it was a reaction to the medication. He called his Dad who came and gave him ablessing and than he went in to the Emergency Care center. They said that they thought it was appendicits?, and that he needed to go to the ER. He went in and they confirmed that it was his appendix, and told him that it would abou 45 minutes until they could remove it. Not even three minutes later there was a doctor explainin to my parents that it wasn't his appendix, that actually his colon had ruptered and they need to do surgerey right away. 10 minutes later he was on an opperating table. I stayed at home with the kids all night, and than my mom came to explain everythin the next morning. He just got discharged yesterday and is doing very well.

We kids split up and went to different family's homes for 5 days so that my mom could be at the hospital with my dad. Samantha went with my mom's family, Derik went to my dad's fathers house, and Maren and I went to spend some time with my dad's sisters family.
We had a wonderful time despite the circumstances, and that's when I started to learn to "dance in the rain."

We spent time with our Aunt Katie and Uncle Jack, and their children Rebecca 7, Miriam 5, and Joseph almost 2. We wnet to the park, the museum, and Casa Bonita (the most amazingly FUN restraunt ever!). And I got to go and spend some time with the Young Womens group of the Fort Lupton ward. I don't want to bore anyone by giving you every single detail, but here are some pictures. I just want to say though, that whenever it seems like lifes starting to flood you out, and you'll never see the sun again, start to dance and smile and sing and Laugh, and LOVE! Even if you are doing it through tears.

Miriam, Maren, and Rebecca being silly!









Joseph. I guess I suprised him!
Maren taking pictures of herself. :)













Maren, Rebecca, and Miriam's legs.
Maren painted her face "Twilight colors". I'll have you know that I did not say that she should do so! I've created a monster! But a cute one!









Me with each Joseph, Miriam, and Rebecca.


Now here's a few of us at Casa Bonita!
All in all it was a fantastic trip!
P.S. I love reading your comments!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Ali, we had a great time with you too! I hope you were able to relax and get your mind off the stresses of life. I love the pictures-- I didn't see the girls putting their legs up on the railing upstairs! Cute. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I love your pics. I hope your dad is better. Twilight colors haha awesome!
love you

Okay Kate...Ashlee...Seriously! How true is this?! haha

Ranch Sauce... ;)

Kate...Ash...I'm so lucky I have 2 of you!

Truest thing EVER!

New Moon Quote

Click Here For Images &
New Moon Quote Pictures

My 2 Best Girlies!!

Yet again I'm put in mind of ALIas, Ranch Sauce, and Alejandro...

The 2009 LDS Youth Theme