Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cristmas Newsletters

Hey all! I'm sorry that it's been so long since I've updated, life's gotten really busy, but I'm on break now and it should be simpler. I've always wanted to be one of those women who sent out that cute Christmas newsletter at Christmas every year, but I've always come up short. So this is my Cyber newsletter. Merry Christmas.

Mom,
Mom's been doing really well! She loves work and has a lot of friends there. She'd never admit it, but I know she's happier than she's been in a long time. She comes home every day with this light inside, and a huge smile.
Daddy,
Daddy's holding up. He's still not used to staying home, and he misses working, but he's doing really well as Mr. Mom. I'm proud of you Dad!
Samantha,
Samantha turned 14 in July, and is now a freshmen in high school. She's had a difficult year, and is trying to establish herself in the world. She's a strong young women, and when all is said and done, I'm proud to call her my baby sister!
Derik,
Derik turned 10 in September, and is in the 5th grade. He is so funny! I can't believe what a...charming little man he's become. I'm rather afraid that it will be sooner rather than later that I'll have to start chasing the girl's away. He's incredibly smart and has his life completely planned out. He wants to serve a mission, and than join the military and fly at Top Gun (if any of you have seen that movie...Tom Cruise....). Funny story about Derik though. We were in Wal-Mart yesterday when he stuck out his tongue and pointed to a red raw spot on the end. This is what happened at school today, he stated. When asked what happened he got rather agitated and finally gave me this explanation "I fell at recess and my tongue fell out and stuck to a pole." I thought I was going to fall over! I was laughing so hard. With some prodding he finally admitted that he hadn't actually fallen, he'd just licked a fence post or no reason known to anyone. So funny. Only my brother, only Derik. I love you buddy.
Maren,
Maren just turned 8 on the twelfth. She is in the first grade, and loves it! She is excited for her Daddy to baptize her in a few weeks, and can't wait for Achievement Days at church. She is learning to read and is excited to see what Santa brings on Christmas! She has such a precious little spirit and is truly my own little angel.
Ali,...ME!
I've been doing pretty well. I just turned 16 on Thanksgiving, and I'm loving it!
I love school! I have a lot of friends there, so every day's like a big party. I spend most of my free time soaking up the Longo's. They're (as I've mentioned before) my 2nd family, so when I'm not with my 1st family I can be found at the Longo's. They're on vacation right now so I'm pet sitting. :) Last Tuesday we had a snow day so Miss Dana and Brianna picked me up and we met the girls and some of their cool gymnastics friends at a local school to go sledding! It was, believe it or not, my FIRST time sledding, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Then, later on Mr. Justin helped us load the 4-wheeler and we Miss Dana drove Brianna and I out to the Raceway. When we got there we met Brianna's brother Zach and his friend. Than we all took turns truckin' it through the snow. Brianna, a much as I love her, is most defiantly a Florida baby. She was way took hung up on how cold it was and how driving in the snow could be dangerous. Miss Dana however, is the Bomb! She had now reservations about driving slow and never once complained about being cold! It was a really good day, and the first time I've played in the snow in years!!!Now, because I'm in love with pictures, here's some that I recently uploaded from my camera.
Playing dress up. This is my Prom Dress.
Here I am stretching. Looks painful, doesn't it? This is what Brianna, Miss Gymnast Queen had me doing all summer!
My adorable and slightly strange brother.(He needed a haircut. It doesn't look like that all the time...)
A few of me and my Girlie goofin' off.
I took this one on Thanksgiving. It's my Uncle Robby, Aunt Becca, and my cousin TJ. I thought it was really cute. I love you guys!!
Here's a few of the Sledding Expedition.
My Choir Concert, can you tell which one is me? Apparently a couple other people had trouble in this area that night....lol.

2 comments:

Britt said...

You're adorable, Ali. It's so fun to catch up on your family. We miss you. Thanks for the Christmas letter!

Katie said...

Glad to hear all the news. I'm looking forward to seeing you Christmas Eve!

Okay Kate...Ashlee...Seriously! How true is this?! haha

Ranch Sauce... ;)

Kate...Ash...I'm so lucky I have 2 of you!

Truest thing EVER!

New Moon Quote

Click Here For Images &
New Moon Quote Pictures

My 2 Best Girlies!!

Yet again I'm put in mind of ALIas, Ranch Sauce, and Alejandro...

The 2009 LDS Youth Theme