Friday, January 1, 2010

Learning to Ski and other Adventures

I love the wintertime. There's something in the air during the winter that makes every little thing magical. Unfortunately no amount of wintertime magic could help me when I went skiing a couple weeks ago. The boy scouts went to Copper Mountain for their high-adventure camp this year and invited the Young Women. So, me being incredibly brave and awesome on the outside while quaking with an equally incredible fear of ice on the inside, decided I'd take a shot at being the cute blond ski bunny in the movies. Yeah. That didn't go well.






Anyway, it was still really fun to be out with all the youth looking like an idiot with my awesome friends who love me even though I really CAN'T ski, and I've decided that when we all go to Monarch next month I'm gonna try snowboarding. So wish me luck, and if I live through the experience I'll tell you all about it!
This is one of my ankles after skiing for 7 hours. The other one didn't look much different.
Christmas was pretty amazing. We had a great time! On Christmas Eve we went to my grandparent's house to visit with my dad's family and see Santa. We all had a really great time, and it was great to see all the Aunt's, Uncle's, and Cousins!
Santa's lap...
My Superhero Momma!

Me and Maren
Samantha and our cousin Rebbecca
Me and my aunt Ann
Derik's favorite Christmas present. A fully automatic Nerf Dart Machine gun. It shoots 3 darts a second. He's thrilled. There are hundreds of Nerf darts all over the house. While I was on my grand skiing adventure, Brianna and the Longo's were vacationing in Branson Missouri, and being the amazingly COOL people they are, brought me back Christmas presents!! I got a really cool pencil from the Titanic museum, and they brought me back a leather belt with me name on it!!! Which besides being completely awesome and matching the one they bought Brianna, completes a goal on my bucket list and Brianna and I's Best Friends bucket list,
-Get a belt with my name on it with my best friend
So cool!
Also, while talking about my Bucket List and the Longo's, they've also helped me pass off a few more of my bucket list goals.
-Share someone else's Christmas Traditions....Check!
-Eat dessert before dinner....Check! Thanks Mr. Justin
-Pick out a real Christmas Tree (which I'd done once before, but it was still awesome to do it again with the Longo's) Check!
And a few more that I know I was excited about, but can't for the life of me remember right now!
I love the Holidays!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Just so you know, I have only been skiing once, and I almost lost a few toes to frostbite... Not my favorite thing to do!

Anonymous said...

the picture with Maren you look so beautiful!!!

Okay Kate...Ashlee...Seriously! How true is this?! haha

Ranch Sauce... ;)

Kate...Ash...I'm so lucky I have 2 of you!

Truest thing EVER!

New Moon Quote

Click Here For Images &
New Moon Quote Pictures

My 2 Best Girlies!!

Yet again I'm put in mind of ALIas, Ranch Sauce, and Alejandro...

The 2009 LDS Youth Theme