(Pardon the mess behind me. It was a VERY long day.)

I was worried about being over dressed because essentially all the NRA is, is rich rednecks who like to shoot. I was sure it would be better to show up in some jeans and a camo jacket. Turns out I was right. That is if I had been a guest, who were wearing...jeans, camo,and cowboy hats! But as an official NRA girl, my job was to look pretty and get the boys to spend hundreds of dollars on raffle tickets. Which, suprisingly, worked. But it was helped in large part by the fact that the honorable Boy Scouts of America showed up halfway through. With money.
But that's not all that I did. I also walke dthe floor, answering questions, and I helped out with The Card Games. The first card game the cards were 10 dollars a card. Everyone who wanted a card raised their hand and the NRA girls walked around distributing the cards. THE gave us 10 bucks, picked their card, than ripped it in half. They kept a half, I kept a half. All the NRA girls brought up the half cards and money they collected and turned it in. The half a cards we had sold were randomly drawn and the winning card won the prize. (A pink Cricket. For those who don't know, a crickets a gun. We don't raffle insects.) Than we did it again with 20 dollar cards and a more expinsive gun. It seems simple right? Well it's not. Because all of a sudden you have to help 500 people at once, literally. Just about every hane and the room shot up and we only had one deck of cards between the 4 of us. It was insane!!
I also helped handle th elive auction, wich was insane because we were supposed to have the wiining bidder on each item sign a reciet, but we could barely keep track of the people bidding! Luckily the auctioneer was really nice and helped a lot!
We were in the Convetion center just behind the Mariott. It was beauitiful, and also very expinsive. I know because I priced it for Homecoming. The dinner was amazing and while the roast beef might have been the best thing I've ever eaten, I'm sure it was also th emost expinsive chunk of cow that I've ever been within 100 miles of. And there was a waitress who looked so much like Stephenie Meyer, I almost asked if I was being Punked. But, unfortunatley for me, Ashton Kutcher was no where to be found. All in all it was one of the most exciting nights of my life. (Is that sad?) I signed up for next year, so if anyone knows where to get an VERY flashy, formal, affordable, and modest dress, please let me know. I got there at about 4, after walking through Staples in my Million Bucks outfit. And we left about 11:45. Then we hit up a McDonalds, all the Wendy's had closed 5 minutes early...and we got shamrock shakes and fries. If you've never had a Shamrock Shake, go to McDonalds and get one.
Well that's about all....Don't forget to comment, I love hearing from you, and have a fabulous day!




















2 comments:
You are GORGEOUS!
OMG ALI YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!!
Post a Comment